19. What do you think of the president? He seems like a really cool guy and a great father. I think Mitt Romney will have a difficult time beating him in this election.
- Instructions: You should know these by now.
- 1: What do you put on hotdogs? Catsup, mustard, relish
- 2: Do you say “anticlimatic” or “anticlimactic”? I say anticlimactic. I think that’s right…
- 3: Do you check flyers before grocery shopping? Sometimes
- 4: Blue, black, or some other colour pen ink? Blue
- 5: Do you use your parking brake? Yes
- 6: Look to your left. How many framed pictures are on the wall? No framed pictures, but I’m at the theatre office right now and there’s an adorable photo strip to my left of my boss and his fantabulous good-smelling partner.
- 7: Do you know how to play chess? Nope
- 8: How often do you clean the interior of your car? About once a quarter whether it needs it or not.
- 9: Do you ever read the last few pages first? I’ve been known to cheat, but I will say reading from my nook makes it a LOT more difficult.
- 10: Ever fallen in the shower? Yes, twice.
- 11: On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to swear at other drivers? 10, I’m kind of an ass when I’m stuck in traffic
- 12: What’s the worst thing you’ve ever called someone you care about? Probably a bitch, but that’s not necessarily an insult.
- 13: Do you have a Snuggie? Yes, at work and I use it too!
- 14: Are you allergic to anything? Not that i know of…oh wait, there’s a pain killer (lortab?) that makes me all itchy.
- 15: Do you have any TV shows on DVD? Yes, Buffy, Angel, Freaks and Geeks, Gilmore Girls, True Blood, Wonderfalls, Alias
- 16: How many times do you hit the snooze button before finally getting out of bed? I ignore my alarm clock altogether. It’s a special skill.
- 17: Ever driven away in anger? Yes.
- 18: What’s your favourite freezie colour? What the hell’s a freezie?
- 19: Are you a vegetarian? No. I love steak. Medium rare, grilled to perfection. If it needs steak sauce, that is NOT a good sign of a good steak.
- 20: Do you have a garbage receptacle beside you? What’s on top?Just got emptied, so nothing.
- 21: Do you cross out your mistakes or erase/whiteout them? Cross them out.
- 22: Ever torn something up that you instantly knew was too important for such treatment? Yes.
- 23: Do you think that things will get better? I HOPE that things will get better. Does that count?
- 24: Do you have an unpopular opinion? What is it? I tend to vote democrat in family full of republicans. So I have a lot of unpopular opinions if you judge that way.
- 25: What’s your favourite quote? I can’t think of anything right now because my mind is busily imagining chaucerian girl correcting your grammar to “quotation.”
- 26: Did you/are you going to go to prom? I did go. It was okay, but I had a 12:30 curfew. No really.
- 27: What’s the most physically painful thing you’ve ever experienced? Slamming my hand in the car door.
- 28: What’s the most emotionally/mentally painful thing you’ve ever experienced? The end of my marriage.
- 29: Have you ever legitimately saved a person’s life? Maybe?? The dude in the car in front me was having a grand mal seziure and I called 911 and kept him from choking on his vomit before the paramedics got there. They told me I probably saved his life and my friend N called me Batgirl for the next three months, so I’ll say yes. I have saved a life. Who’s your daddy? 🙂
- 30: What’s your favourite book genre? Paranormal and mysteries.
- 31: Did you like “Gigli”? Be honest. I honestly never saw it.
- 32: Have you ever walked out of a movie at the theatre? Yes.
- 33: Do you peek between your fingers during the scary scenes? Hell no. I cover my eyes all together and ask the person I’m with to tell me when it’s over.
- 34: What was your reaction to Tatum getting killed whilst stuck in the pet door in Scream? Okay, I know I’m in the minority, but I couldn’t get into Scream. I’ve never finished it. Thanks for spoiling, Dude. KIDDING.
- 35: Do dogs like you? Yes, by and large, dogs tend to like me. Especially with BBQ sauce. KIDDING. They like me. They really, really like me.
- 36: Would you say that you project an air of authority? I don’t think so but I did manage to itimidate some freshmen when I was a senior in college, so maybe?
- 37: Do people listen when you speak? Yes. And then they laugh at me. It’s very sad.
- 38: How are your elbows? Are they okay? I haven’t asked them lately, but I assume they’re fine.
- 39: What is one thing that you do exceptionally well? Be honest. Okay, there’s no way this is not going to sound vain, but I really am a decent actor. I even have awards. No, really…
- 40: Do you use torrents? I don’t know what that means.
- 41: When was the last time you paid for music? I bought Adele 19 from the Apple store about a week ago.
- 42: Are you addicted to technology? Nah, I don’t think so. I feel confident I could give it up as long as I still had books.
- 43: Pick a person (you don’t need to give their name). How do you feel about them? Be as honest as you can get yourself to be. My best friend and the reason I keep going when life gets difficult.
- 44: Do you check your computer’s dictionary for the definition of words you’d otherwise feel confident about using during in-person interactions? Just to be sure? No, but I do have a Webster’s dictionary on my desk that I frequently check when I’m trying to use big words.
- 45: How heavily to you rely on spellcheck and autocorrect? I rely heavily in the sense that spell check changes “teh” to “the” and other minor typos like that. But I don’t trust grammar correct as far as I can throw it and spell check isn’t much better.
- 46: Have you ever gotten into an argument on the internet? Did you win? I do not Internet fight. It is a useless waste of time and only encourages trolls. I usually disagree quietly and move on with my day.
- 47: Do you pause movies/TV shows if you have to go to the bathroom or the kitchen, or do you just let them keep playing? I don’t have a DVR so I usually hold it till commercials and then I go. 🙂
- 48: If you use a regular alarm clock, do you have it set to music or that obnoxious beeping? N/A
- 49: Peter Pan? What about him?
- 50: How often do you fall up the stairs? It has happened a time or four.
- 51: Do you pronounce “anti” as ant-eye or ant-ee? (Example: “That scene was very anticlimactic.”) ant-eye
- 52: Do you pronounce “via” as vee-uh or vie-uh? (Example: “We can get there via Tremont Street.”) vie-uh
- 53: How often do you forget to close your parentheses? It’s happened before.
1. What would your perfect day consist of? Sleeping in until I just wake up-no alarms or slobbering dogs. Movie/pedicure bonding time with mah sister and mah elle. Dinner at Nick’s where I would play wing-woman for … someone. Oh, and since it’s the perfect day, all my far-away friends are there for dinner. 😀 Yeah, I’m likin’ this day so far. Then after, I would go back home where I would read a fantastic book until I fall asleep. And somewhere in the middle of this day, I would also meet Prince Kicks-Ass (way more interesting than Prince Charming), who will fall madly in love with me and promise to go to the comic book store with me all the days of our lives.
2. How would you describe yourself if you were an item of clothing? You know that one pair of jeans in your closet? The faded ones that are really nice and comfy and you wear them when you want to feel all cozy? The ones you can dress up with a super-cute top and high heels or dress down with a concert tee-shirt and flip-flops? Yep. That’s me.
3. What hobbies are you currently working on? Reading. Reading is totally a hobby.
4. Walking in the woods in wellies or barefoot on the beach? Barefoot on the beach, always. If it’s hot sand, I’ll just walk where the surf is coming in. Beach, beach, beach!!!
5. Have you ever hugged or sang to a tree? No. Nor have I written verse for a tree. (heh, cg, that was funny…)
6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket? Hold up-I gotta finish laughing hysterically. Whew. Okay, yeah the supermarket.
7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree? According to cg: I can’t recall his name, but he was a Tory in the Revolutionary War, and when America won, he up and left his family and moved to Canada!
8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish ‘n’ chips from the wrapper? It depends on the posh restaurant. I’m really not a foodie or a food snob. I’d probably be delirious with joy over fish ‘n’ chips from the wrapper.
9. Which element do you most resonate with Earth, Wind, Fire or Water? Water. I pretty much love oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds, small meandering streams…LOVE to be in the water, near the water, boating. Love water.
10. Do you believe in fairies? I really don’t, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love stories about them and illustrations, etc.
I’m supposed to pass this on…so anyone who’d like to do it, feel free!
Four For Friday for April 30, 2010
Q1 – Cooking: Have you ever created a meal you thought would be great but upon tasting it realized otherwise? What did you make and what went wrong, and have you attempted to make the same meal since?
Answer: I kind of thought everyone had experienced that at some point or another. I’ve done it a lot, but I think the worst one was the time I attempted to make Chicken Curry. It sounded good. It looked easy. It was terrible. I’m not a great cook usually, so I can’t entirely blame the recipe. I have not attempted to make it again. It’s rare enough when I get in a cooking mood-I’m absolutely not going to waste it on something that didn’t come out very good last time.
Q2 – Green: Being green’s expensive! If money was not an issue, how far would you choose to go in making your life green?
Answer: I already particpate in the city-wide recycling program. So that’s a given. Watching This Old House once, I saw where they put in a system that heats and cools from the floor. I’m not sure how it worked, but it was supposed to be very green. I’m the kind of person who is hot if my feet are hot, and cold if my feet are cold-so aside from being green, I think I might really like that system of heating and cooling. I would also be willing to give solar power a try-not sure about wind energy, just because in Texas it’s not always windy. In fact, during the summer most of the time it’s just still and muggy and miserable. Assuming I’m building new, I would be willing to use reconstituted building materials. I know there are lot of construction products that are environmentally safe and I would avail myself of any of them that were effective. I’d do radiant barrier and all that stuff. You know…assuming money wasn’t a problem. 🙂
Q3 – Drilling: Does the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico affect how you feel about offshore drilling?
Answer: I’m going to be honest, I’m not as informed about this as I could be. But I do believe that the concept of the United States becoming independent of oil is kind of a fairy-tale. We are a nation who loves our cars. And as long as areas like DFW resist the concept of mass transportation, I don’t see this car-lovin’ going away.
Q4 – Censorship: About seven in ten Americans (70%) disagree with the recent Comedy Central decision to censor part of a South Park episode deemed offensive to some Muslims, a new Zogby survey finds. The decision followed a warning that the series’ creators could be murdered because of their depiction of Muhammad. Generally speaking, do you agree or disagree with Comedy Central’s decision to censor parts of a South Park episode deemed offensive to some Muslims?
Answer: Well, South Park has skewered everything else. If they’re going to censor content deemed offensive to Muslims, then they should have censored the Mormon stuff (including their upcoming Mormons the Musical), the scientology stuff, the Catholic stuff, and all that mean crap they say about gingers. At the end of the day, those guys make fun of everything, including themselves. They have a right to satire our culture just as we have the right to think they’re idiot buffoons with the sense of humor of a fifth grade boy. Censoring it, making a big freaking issue out of it, only sheds a big shiny spotlight on what they’re doing, increasing interest in the project instead of making it go away. Ignoring it and moving on with your life is probably the better course of action. As for the death threats-radicals already hate us all and want Americans dead. I’m pretty sure the fact that most of us live and breathe is just as offensive to those types as an idiot joke would be.
1. The last band I saw live was The Killdaire’s at the Texas State Fair.
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is the monster’s pecan pie.
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is not even close to done.
4. Thoughts of please-let-me-keep-my-job fill my head.
5. I wish I could wear short skirts, but I kind of have cankles. Great eyes, though. My eyes are awesome.
6. Bagpipes remind me of the cute guy from The Killdaires.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to perhaps a movie, tomorrow my plans include working at the theatre and Sunday, I want to take it easy, read the newspaper, and play with my dogs!
1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting them to do something dangerous!
2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a someone who is also a good winner.
3. Eating battery acid is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time. (I don’t like chocolate liqueur…)
4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy being fictional and not existing.
5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine dry and wet ingredients.
6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without gravy or chocolate dessert in it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing at home, tomorrow my plans include having breakfast with my family and taking my foster dog to a Meet N Greet and Sunday, I want to watch The Proposal at the theatre with L2.
Be honest. Don’t make up answers to make yourself sound “in” or super-smart. Just put your itunes on shuffle and push next to answer the questions…
I’ve done one of these before, but not this one.
IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
horse pills – dandy warhols
(I’m guessing: “bull-shit.”)
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Ghost Story – Sting
(hmm…a song of cliches, but it’s a really pretty song, plus…STING)
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Bella’s Lullaby – Twilight Soundrack
(I think this means I want a hot vampire lover?)
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Nice Overalls – Lustre
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Amazing – Aerosmith
(kept the right ones out…let the wrong ones in…it’s amazing, with the blink of any eye, you finally see the light. That’s right-i’ll be alright. And, yes, Aerosmith ROCKS. Cause he says a prayer for desperate hearts.)
WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
What it Takes – Aerosmith
(some shuffle, kind of depressing…tell me what it takes to let you go…yet, strangely accurate)
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
The Prettiest Thing – Norah Jones
(aw, stop, I’m blushing…)
(hmmm. Well, I have multiple best friends foi, elle, sunshine, yalayla…not sure what this means, but I do love you 🙂 even though I don’t know who I am.)
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
I Grieve – Peter Gabriel
WHAT IS 2+2?
Every Word is a Knife – The Bravery
(Apparently, it is bullshit. There’s a theme here.)
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Black & White – Sarah McLachlan
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Mary Jane – Alanis Morrissette
(Well, that would be a sad thing to think of mcsweetie.)
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Sweet Soul Sister – The Cult
(yeah, okay, I could live with this one)
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
What Am I To You – Norah Jones
(I’m going to say this means I want to love and be loved.)
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? (didn’t we already do this question?)
The River – Garth Brooks
(Much more appropriate since he’s a super cool dude working on his PhD in a social services field. He is a good person.)
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF WHEN THEY SEE YOU?
Breakaway – Kelly Clarkson
(LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean they wish I’d breakaway from home?? Actually, it’s kind of sweet. I translate as it means they think I’m special. And that’s true and not in short bus way either. Much.)
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Strawberry Fields Forever – Ben Harper (cover–obviously)
(hmm…so will I be lovely and high at my wedding?)
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
wish i could – Norah Jones
(lots of Norah on this particular meme. anyway, kind of sweet)
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Mama, You Got a Daughter – John Lee Hooker
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Detachable Penis – King Missile
(first, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. second, um no.)
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Buffy’s Main Title Theme – Radio Sunnydale
(this means you are all rockstars who would look good in leather and can kick a lot of ass. go you.)
WHAT’S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Rock the Shack – New Order
(I didn’t do it. I DIDN’T.)
HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Broken – Norah Jones
(More Norah. Also, how very Shakespearean tragedy.)
WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
Without You – Ultimate Air Supply
(Pushing people away. So true.)
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Walk the Walk – Poe
(This song jsut makes me all chick-rock militant and wanna dance.)
WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
falling in love (is hard on the knees) – aerosmith
WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
Unwanted – Avril Lavigne
(I guess not?)
WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
solsbury hill – peter gabriel
DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
Hoodoo – Muse
(apparently, someone does. that’s special)
IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
May This Be Love – Jimi Hendrix
(There would have been better fashion at Woodstock.)
WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
Jesu-Joy of Man’s Desiring – Josh Groban and some chick
(My faith or lack thereof. Yeah, that’s pretty good. Can’t make myself believe in some things though.)