Okay, so Glee has taken over my blog. Not my life, just my blog, which you’d never know from how many Glee reviews there are v. how many life-for-izzybella blupdates there are not. I thought I’d give the bullet version of the last month. I had a longer description in me, but it went out in letter form to jehara and I’m all typed out. (That’s not a tease, jehara, the envelope is sealed and stamped – Homer Simpson, thank you very much – and all that remains is for me to drop it off at the post office, which I will do right after work.) So:
- Went on a cruise to Cozumel. My cruise ship did not have a fire in the engine room, which is such a relief! Seriously that other Carnival cruise drama happened the week after I got back and about 20 different people gave me some variation of “wow, that could have been you!!” The cruise was a lot of fun. I spent the majority of the time reading, sleeping, eating, reading, sleeping, reading, eating, drinking alcoholic drinks out of a coconut, reading, eating, eating dessert after the eating, reading and sleeping. Also I laid out in a deck chair and got an actual tan. It was very taxing as you can see. Cozumel is beautiful. It’s astounding how blue and clear non-oil-slicked ocean water is. Cozumel was a definite high point as was the reading, sleeping, and eating. Plus Victor Krum, one of our dining room waiters from Bulgaria. His name isn’t really Victor Krum. You’re astonished, right?
- Work. I don’t know what to add to that. I’ve gotten used to the cycles here-we’re about to hit a busy season and I’m currently in the calm before the storm. They’re sending out acceptance letters right now and once those go out, my workload increases drastically. So I’m enjoying the breathing room while I have it.
- The Texas Rangers did not win the World Series. Okay, that didn’t happen to me personally, but I’ve been mightily interested. I did not expect them to actually win; in fact, I didn’t really expect them to even make it as far as they did. Just winning our division was so entirely awesome-getting to play the World Series was like tasty buttercream icing on top of the cake. I think what made it so awesome was that it happened the same season that Nolan Ryan and partners purchased the team. There’s something just RIGHT about Nolan Ryan owning the Rangers. It makes me happy. I was at the stadium (the old one) the night Nolan Right pitched his sixth no-hitter. That was pretty awesome. I mean not as awesome as it would have to have been there this night:
- Image from http://mlbfansite.com (You could buy an autographed copy there if you want…)
- L2 is lucky she made it off the ship alive. She made a comment in passing about how the Rangers were going to lose and almost got her head ripped off by card carrying tee-shirt wearing Ranger’s fan. I may slightly exaggerate, but not much. I diffused though and L2 still lives. 🙂
- I will be watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I tomorrow night. Midnight. Okay, lets face it. I’m not a night person. If it weren’t Harry Potter there is no way on the Lord’s lovely green earth that I would be staying up late to watch a movie. With teenagers. Lots of them. Oh, crap, is too late to change my mind??? No? Okay, then. I have Friday off, which I will be using to sleep. I have my priorities.
So that’s my bullet blupdate for now. Hope your month has been just as good or better!